Monday, March 25, 2013

What My Home-based Job does to me…



(Old post from HeBlogs-SheBlogs but appropriate for BFF)


No, I'm not a model.  And no, I'm not going to any party.  I'm all dolled up because of my work.  Not because I'm attending a meeting or a conference or any of the sort.  My job is home-based and my office is in my bedroom.  Now, don't go gaga and assume that I'm doing something indecent, immoral or illegal. You know what I'm talking about.  NO, that's NOT what I do for a living!


I work as a freelance writer and also as a research analyst.  I won't go into details of my work.  It's suffice to say that my line of work requires a lot of research on the internet.  Now, what's the connection to my pictures above?  Well, my recent report was about cosmetics and I had to read a lot of articles about different kinds of makeup.  Until now, my head is still reeling with tons of posts and comments I read for the whole week.  I never realized how many types of makeup a woman, even teenage girls, put on their faces every single day!  I was simply surprised.  Yes, I've heard of primers, moisturizers, foundations when I was still working for a movie outfit, but I thought they were only used by celebrities to look flawlessly beautiful on cam.  I never realized that even ordinary girls, women, and even a straight guy use these types of products.  And the knowledge they have about them is just surprising to me.

I must admit that putting on makeup can be fun...sometimes. Reading all those things and seeing colorful pictures of different cosmetics on the net, it  got me itching to doll up my face. I've been trying to resist the urge since Monday. Until I couldn't take it anymore. So last Thursday, while still writing my report and nearing the deadline, I finally gave in to the itch and dusted my old makeup kit, which I haven't used since I started working from home. And that is several months already.  It has been a while and I suddenly missed fixing my face.  Not that I do it often, nor do I do it good enough.  I'm no expert on makeups and no spender on them, either.  For sure, my makeup artist friends (if they see this) would surely have a comment or two about what I did to my face.


Anyway, the pictures above show my try at Green Smokey Eyes look.  It's not very good, I know.  I even doubt if it passes for a smokey eyes look at all, but I'm happy with it.  As I've said, I'm no spender on makeups.  I have no high end brands such as L'Oreal, Shisheido, Estee Lauder, Make Up For Ever, NARS, Lancome, Revlon, or Maybelline.  Oh, I've heard Maybelline doesn't even make it as a high end brand but falls under the category of drugstore brand.

Here are the ordinary, cheap and drugstore makeup brands that I used to achieve the look above:



    Avon Smooth Mineral Powder Foundation in Almond
    Avon Smooth Mineral Blush in Golden Glow
    Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Fresh Cut Greens (I used the white gold)
    The Faceshop Black Label in Retro Green
    Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner in Cosmic Brown (also used it for my eyebrows because I have no brow definer)
    Marks & Spencer Talcum Powder in Fruity Peach & Almond (love the scent and the super fine powder for finishing)
    Clinique Lipstick (don't know the exact name or color because the back label is already erased)
    Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
    Avon Kabuki Brush
    The Body Shop Blush On Brush
    Ever Bilena Eyeshadow Brush

I haven't used primers, BB Creams and other stuff for makeup preparation, or what I call "makeup before makeup cosmetics". Hahaha!  I really think it's all too much for everyday use, especially the expensive high end brands.  You'd think that with the thousands of posts I've read about makeup this past week I'd be a makeup convert, but no.  I'm stingy when it comes to unnecessary luxuries like these.  I'm satisfied with I was able to achieve using my cheap makeup brands. It's not that bad, is it?

Maybe a few more thousands of posts and pictures about makeup in the coming weeks...maybe then, I would consider trying a few out;)  It made me doll up in the middle of a report, didn't it?  Who knows what else it could make me do.   This is just one of the many things that my home-based job does to me.

Makes me crazy!!! I mean crazier than my normal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment