Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Look with Avon Holiday Collection Make up Palette



Malapit na malapit na at hindi na mapipigilan pa ang pagdating ng Christmas.  I know most of you are super busy na preparing, shopping for gifts, etc… I just hope na hindi ninyo kakalimutan ang inyong mga sarili.  I know…I understand that we want everything to be in order and has to be beautiful.  And I couldn’t agree more!  Everything has to be beautiful, including YOU!

So I thought I should share this beautiful makeup palette from Avon that I recently bought. Meron siyang 8 eye shadow colors and 2 blushers.  Unfortunately though, I can’t tell you the exact colors or shades kasi hindi siya naka-indicate on the label.  I don't understand why Avon didn’t bother to name them. So best effort na lang sa pagdescribe and you can refer to the photo below.




The upper left blusher is a light but sparkling old rose tinge while the other blusher on the bottom right is obviously pink.  Bold and bright pink, if I may suggest.  The eye shadow group on the upper right are of 2 blue hues (1 is very light blue and the other is deep glittery blue),  1 white and 1 deep old rose colors.  The eye shadow group on the bottom left are of earth tones – 1 brownish, 1 light purple, 1 bronze and 1 olive green.

Here’s a sample of how it actually looks on the eyes:



Pagpasensyahan nyo na ang aking…ahem, “work of art”.  I’m not a professional makeup artist ;)

While the palette is good… I really like the colors, except for the bold pink blusher because it’s too pink and I don’t think it matches my skin or my personality. Anyway, the other colors are really good, but I also have other misgivings about the whole package of this Avon makeup palette. 

First, ang hirap niya buksan.  It doesn’t have the push button lock that avon cases usually have, so it’s always a struggle opening it.  I always worry that I might knock it off or drop it on the floor and mabasag yung makeup. Sayang naman.

Second, walang mirror!  The case is big and it could have housed a big nice mirror that would be very convenient.  I like the transparent cover design but a mirror is a must for me!

Third, the brushes included are useless! There’s this tiny brush that I think is supposed to be the blusher brush but it is not worth using it.  Yung isa naman na parang sponge yung tip for the eye shadow, errrmm…it doesn’t apply well.

But other than that, I’m still happy with Avon Holiday Collection Makeup Palette.  And oh, mas maganda rin pala sana if they included a lip color ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment