Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Anime Makeup for Halloween

Alam nyo ba BFFs na ang most favorite kong holiday ay Halloween? I love horror kasi, mapa-movie or books. And I love, love dressing up in costumes. Every Halloween, my sister and I would dress up as zombies kahit walang costume party na pupuntahan. Actually, kahit hindi Halloween, basta pag napag-trip-an namin, we do it.

This year, I have no Halloween Party to go to...huhuhu.... and my sister is not with me to play dress up with...the more huhuhu... But that didn't stop me. Nag-trip pa rin ako kahit mag-isa, but this year I didn't go for very scary look (Although dream ko talaga to dress as the deranged Alice in American McGee version of Alice in Wonderland videogame). But I digress...


Anyway, I opted for an Anime look kasi na-amuse ako nung Ukranian girl na ginawang anime ang sarili. As in buong katawan mukhang anime. Face, body, makeup, dress and everything.  Here's she is...


And since I've been dabbling on makeup these days, I wondered if kaya ko rin mag-makeup ng anime. Isa pa pala, I admire my inaanak who always joins cosplay. Actually, I envy her kasi di pa uun uso noong kabataan ko. Hehe...

Anyway, below are pictures of my first try at anime makeup last night. I was not imitating any anime character. I was just aiming for big anime eyes and small pouty lips.







You know what's best about this look? I only used drugstore makeups and tools to achieve it.

Makeup:

Avon Hydrating BB Cream in Nude
Avon Smooth Mineral Foundation in Almond
Avon Ideal Shade Concealer Stick
Fashion 21 Eyeliner in Black
Fashion 21 Eyeliner in White
Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Mauves/Berries
Avon True Color Eye Shadow Quad in Sandy Corals
g-lish Gelato Cheek Treat
Aolili Lipstick in bright pink

Tools:

Avon Kabuki Mineral Foundation Blush
e.l.f. Foundation Brush
e.l.f. Eyeliner Brush
e.l.f. Blending Eye Brush
The Body Shop Blusher Brush
Avon Electric Hair-curling iron



It took me quite some time to finish this look, considering it's the first time and my curling iron was not heating up fast. But I was satisfied with the result and pretty much happy to have been able to achieve an acceptable (I think) anime look

Feel free to let me know what you think. Suggestions are also welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment